A CENTRAL HUB FOR YOUR WORK:
This is a hands on course showing you how to build a simple website with wordpress.com.
In this course, you will be introduced to WordPress and will be taken through the process of setting up your own free WordPress.com website.
– This is a fantastic way to get online and start creating your space on the web. The process will be using wordpress.com and will cover the setup of a simple website including a homepage, about, contact and blog page. This course can be taken by online or face to face, and is suitable for those who have never used WordPress before or would consider themselves at a beginner level. By the end of the workshop, you will have a free wordpress website setup.
- This course will walk you through the creation process for a free WordPress website.
- This process will be using WordPress.com and covers the setup of a simple website including home, about, contact and blog page (4 separate pages in total).
- This course will take place over Skype or if you live or can travel into London, UK – then it’s possible for a face to face course to be arranged.
- As this website will be provided for free from WordPress – the URL (website address) will have WordPress in the title. E.g. It will be – www.mysite.wordpress.com instead of www.mysite.com. It is easy to upgrade to full URL for an additional cost, after or during the website build – there is no requirement to do this if you do not wish.
WHO’S IT FOR?
- Anyone who does not yet have a website and wants to start with a simple, but effective online website for their work.
- It makes a great introduction to WordPress and its powerful CMS features.
- This course is suitable for those that have no experience with WordPress or are at a beginners level.
- You do not need to have any coding skills for this course.
It goes without saying that in the modern-day world a huge amount of communication and information is provided from the internet and accessed through mobile devices and desktop PCs. By staking a space for yourself online you are creating a central point for where you can share and display your work. And also where you can promote your work and potentially build a community.
This will be a 1-2 hour course and by the end of it, you will have a WordPress.com website and will have the knowledge to be able to go on and build similar WordPress.com website or add to and maintain the site you create.
1.1 The difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
1.2 Creating a clear vision for your website.
1.3 Listing the key requirements and prioritising.
2. Sourcing design assets and images.
3. Stage 1:
3.1 Setting up the site.
3.2 Choosing a template to start with.
4. Stage 2:
4.1 Initial configuration.
4.2 Adding pages.
4.3 Adding posts.
4.4 Adding a Menu and Customisation.
AN AGILE APPROACH:
This course will advise you on the best approach to building and maintaining your website. Don’t aim to be perfect! Some of the best feedback you’ll get is when the site is live, so be agile and make updates to the site when or if necessary.
- If you have any questions about this service – please feel free to drop us a message before you make an order.
- This course takes place over Skype (this course can be arranged face to face – if you can make it into central London, UK.)
- During this course, the website will be built with generic stock images and text ready for you to change.
- A short document will be provided that describes how to update images and docs.
- This course covers the creation of a free WordPress.com website, and this means the URL will have WordPress in the title. E.g. www.mysite.wordpress.com instead of www.mysite.com. However, it is easy to upgrade to full URL for a small price, and gain additional website functions, after or during the website build – there is no requirement to do this if you do not wish.
- If you would like a course catered more to your requirements please get in touch via the contact form.
- For a live example of the kind of website that can be built for you please see here (please note this one example of a site layout and there are many different ways the site can be laid out). – https://writersexamplesite.wordpress.com/