BUILD A WORDPRESS WEBSITE – A CENTRAL ONLINE HUB FOR YOU AS A WRITER
A Central Hub for your work
In this course, you will be introduced to WordPress and will be taken through the process of setting up your own free WordPress website. This process will be using wordpress.com and will cover the setup of a simple website including a homepage, contact and blog page. This course can be taken by online or face to face, and is suitable for those who have never used WordPress before or would consider themselves at a beginner level. By the end of the workshop, you will have a free wordpress.com website setup.
WHO’S IT FOR?
- Anyone who does not yet have a website and wants to start with a simple, but effective online hub for their work.
- This course is suitable for those that have no experience with WordPress or are at a beginners level.
- You do not need to have any coding skills for this course.
It goes without saying that in the modern-day world a huge amount of communication and information is provided from the internet and accessed through mobile devices and desktop PCs.
By staking a space for yourself online you are creating a central point for where you can share and display your work. And also where you can promote your work and potentially build a community.
This will be a 2-3 hour course and by the end of it, you will have a WordPress.com website and will have the knowledge to be able to go on and build similar WordPress.com website.
1.1 The difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
1.2 Creating a clear vision for your website.
1.3 Listing the key requirements and prioritising.
2. Sourcing design assets and images.
3. Stage 1:
3.1 Setting up the site.
3.2 Choosing a template to start with.
4. Stage 2:
4.1 Initial configuration.
4.2 Adding pages.
4.3 Adding posts.
4.4 Adding a Menu and Customisation.
An Agile approach:
Don’t aim to be perfect! Some of the best feedback you’ll get is when the site is live.
- This will be a 2 to 3 hour course and by the end of it, you will have a WordPress.com website and will have the knowledge to be able to go on and build similar WordPress.com sites.
There is standard flat rate of £150 for this course.
- If you would like a course catered more to your requirements please get in touch via the contact form.
FIND OUT MORE:
- Please use the contact form below to make an enquiry for this course.